Washington, DC is and always has been a city of world changers! Explore all that DC has to offer to ensure that your make the most of your time here!
We hope you will bring your family, stay the weekend and make it a vacation for everyone! You’ll find there is NEVER a shortage of activities in Washington, DC for fun for all ages! For the most up-to-date and detailed list of the exciting events and exhibits happening in the Washington, DC area, visit www.washington.org and download their interactive visitors guide!
In the meantime, here are a few quick suggestions of the events around town:
- Visit the newly opened MGM National Harbor Hotel and Casino.
- The Capital Wheel and The Awakening Sculpture are located at National Harbor.
- All of the Smithsonian Institution facilities offer FREE admission including the newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture, art galleries, various museums, exhibits, etc. It also includes the new Air & Space Museum Hangar near Dulles Airport which holds the space shuttle, the SR71 Blackbird, and many more planes and space vehicles
- Take the water taxi from the Gaylord Hotel (Conference HQ) directly to George Washington’s Mt. Vernon Estate & Gardens. See the fabulous new Reynolds Museum and Education Center and the Ford Orientation Center including 25 new theaters and galleries and more than 500 original artifacts that tell the detailed story of George Washington’s life.
- Visit the Newseum at 555 Pennsylvania Ave. NW (888-639-7386) with multiple exciting exhibits.
- Visit the newly reopened and refurbished Ford’s Theatre.
- Visit the newly opened Museum of the Bible to explore the history surrounding one of humanity’s most ancient texts.